Careers at YR

YR Media (formerly Youth Radio) is a national network of young journalists and artists who create multimedia content for this generation. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., for more than 25 years our non-profit production company has invested in future generations’ skills in journalism, arts, and media. We are in an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network.

As we grow, we seek exceptional talent, with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media. We welcome smart, passionate people who share our values and seek a collaborative environment. We seek people who are hard-working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.

We are committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and to collaborating with a staff that represents the communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.

YR Media is seeking the following team members:

CAREER EDUCATION DIRECTOR

Leads the management and innovation of YR Media’s youth trajectory – from media training to production internship to portfolio – ensuring participant success.

NEWS EDITOR/WRITER

Assigns and edits daily stories for YR Media platforms, as well as contributes as a news writer and reporter.

EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR

Performs a liaison role among the YR Media executive team and supports the smooth execution of administrative tasks on their behalf.

AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR

Leads the audience acquisition and growth strategy for the YR Media brand across channels.

SOCIAL MEDIA PRODUCER

Responsible for establishing workflows to create, package, and share YR content.

CASE MANAGER

Support YR students by providing counseling, crisis intervention, advocacy, and referral services

COOK & HEALTHY FOOD PROGRAM MANAGER

Sources and prepares healthy meal options for YR youth program participants and for staff and partner meetings.

Support young journalists and artists