Careers at YR Media

YR Media (formerly Youth Radio) is a national network of young content creators who create multimedia content and journalism for this generation. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, for more than 25 years our non-profit has invested in future generations’ skills in journalism, arts, and media. We are in an exciting phase of growth and national expansion, including a new hub in the Midwest that is based out of Chicago.

As we grow, we seek exceptional talent, with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media. We welcome smart, passionate people who share our values and seek a collaborative environment. We seek people who are hard-working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.

We are committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and to collaborating with a staff that represents the communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.

Join The Media Movement