Careers at YR

YR Media (formerly Youth Radio) is a national network of young journalists and artists who create multimedia content for this generation. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., for more than 25 years our non-profit production company has invested in future generations’ skills in journalism, arts, and media. We are in an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network.

As we grow, we seek exceptional talent, with an entrepreneurial spirit, who can lead us to the future of YR Media. We welcome smart, passionate people who share our values and seek a collaborative environment. We seek people who are hard-working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level. We hire people who believe in the talent and potential of every young person.

We are committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and to collaborating with a staff that represents the communities we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.

YR Media is seeking the following team members:

YOUTH SERVICES SPECIALIST

The Youth Services Specialist will support transition-aged youth (14-24 years old) by providing one-on-one counseling, including crisis intervention, advocacy and referral services.

DATA EVALUATION ADMIN

The Program Evaluation Admin will use strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills to support all program leads; strong intuitive skills and a strong writing ability.

GRANT WRITER

The Grant Writer is responsible for developing and writing proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate YR Media’s mission and programs to potential funders.

DESIGN & ILLUSTRATION INSTRUCTOR

The Design & Illustration Instructor holds principal oversight of the training for YR Media’s Design track, as well as oversees the work of interns and Project Associates — peer youth educators — that teach for the program.

Coronavirus Update to YR Media Community