Stream Live Video and Music on the New All Day Play FM

07.24.19

Dear YR Media Family,

Exciting news! This week, after much hard work and anticipation, YR Media is relaunching All Day Play FM as a 24-hour live video and music streaming platform. 

Our YR Media arts and technology teams have spent over two years building out the music station’s live streaming capabilities and developing a platform that could effectively house this one-of-a-kind music experience.

The platform’s 24-hours-a-day continuous streaming video and music content will position ADP.FM as an entirely new style of online radio station that delivers direct access to DJs spinning live from our street-level studio in downtown Oakland. ADP.FM is the first platform of its kind in the greater Bay Area, and one of only a handful of similar projects currently popping up around the country. 

All Day Play FM evolved out of a belief that DJ culture and music selection should be front and center for the listener. From its inception, ADP.FM’s selectors have been DJs of all types and ages who are active in clubs, bars, festivals, block parties and functions throughout the Bay Area. 

“Since it began in 2009, All Day Play FM has grown from a few weekly broadcasts by YR Media alumni to a Bay Area cultural institution streaming 24-hours-a-day from our street-level studios in downtown Oakland,” explained ADP.FM Program Director Ben Frost. “The Bay Area DJ scene has always been one of the most robust in the country. Our talent is local, but we’re having a growing impact on the national sound, and our DJs have performed across the country and the globe.”

ADP.FM will showcase a mix of live video and music streaming, weekly sets from over 40 of the Bay Area’s freshest DJs, curated playlists by YR Media’s young content creators, podcasts and more. The platform relaunches with 20 weekly mix-shows, featuring a wide variety of genres from Footwork to Lo-Fi, Hip-Hop to Soul, Soca to House, Afrobeat to Grime. Featured DJs include Shruggs, Juan-G, Krazy Kids Radio, Malachi, The Soul Dojo, along with many others. Check out the full lineup of DJs and weekly shows.

Please spend some time this week discovering new music at ADP.FM, and check out the full press release about the relaunch. If you’re local to the Bay Area, we will be celebrating in-person at the ADP.FM launch party on August 8 at Starline Social Club. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.

Best,

Maeven McGovern
Executive Producer, Arts