YR Classes

YR Media is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California

Classes at YR provide hands-on production experience. You’ll collaborate with professionals and peers to learn marketable skills in media and digital technology. You’ll be prepared for production internships and expanded education and career opportunities.

WANNA JOIN US?

Apply online

High school students between the ages of 14 and 18 are eligible to apply for our free, in-house training programs. After six months, you are eligible to apply for paid production internships with the YR Media enterprise.

In your first three months, you’ll produce a weekly radio show and learn the fundamentals of journalism, music production, photography, design and marketing. Class meets Wednesday and Friday afternoons.

In your second three months, you’ll specialize in one media concentration: Journalism, Music, Design & Illustration or Video. Students graduate with a capstone project and a professional resume. Class meets Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.

WHAT’S IT LIKE AT YR?

As a youth who’s involved with YR , we have people here that can help you with academics, personal matters and we have healthy food everyday.

Learn more

Support Young Journalists and Artists