REDEFINED: Hyphiachi

06.08.17
REDEFINED: Hyphiachi
 This Story Is Part Of Lit Mag: The REDEFINED Issue.
Mariachi music is part of my culture and the Bay Area is the birthplace of hyphy music. I decided to mix the sounds together and create this beat. I sampled mariachi music then pretty much just played out the individual trumpet sounds to get a nice sound. Then I hyphy-fide it with base and high hats.
I am an Oakland native determined to grow my knowledge in music production and beat structure so I can find my own sound as an artist. Once I can construct an idea I can visualize how to make it come to fruition. My diverse background gives me the opportunity to create beats that not only represent me but others around me and allows me to grow as a music producer. I have made over 100 beats in my free time so I can try new ideas and learn from my mistakes. I can also fill up pages with poems from my own creative mind. I have pushed myself to get to where I am today, I plan to continue on this path so I can one day become a positive influence in the Bay Area.