[Illustration by: Rachel Gibson via LRCH Memory Project, 2017]

The Collaboration
#LR9LIVE is an exciting collaboration between young people at Youth Radio, in Oakland, California, and students at Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Together they're creating a live tweet-style reenactment of the desegregation of Central High. Using #LR9Live, Youth Radio's Twitter feed takes us back in time to 1957, to the day when “the nine” successfully entered Central High, ultimately breaking down the walls of segregation.

Youth Radio is an award-winning national network of next-generation storytellers, partnering with young people from across urban, suburban, and rural America to create engaging, authentic content for national audiences. For more national news content written by young journalists, visit Youth Radio's site and follow them on Twitter/Instagram @youthradio.

The Little Rock Central High Memory Project, now in its 12th year, is a student-led effort to collect, preserve and interpret oral history of civil rights and human rights in creative ways. It is sponsored by the LRCHS National Historic Site, a unit of the National Park Service, and by the Butler Center for Arkansas Studies, a department of the Central Arkansas Library System (CALS). Additional production support for this project was provided by the Washitaw Foothills Youth Media Arts & Literacy Collective.

Join the live tweet by following @youthradio and #LR9LIVE on Twitter on September 25.

COPYRIGHT YR MEDIA 2017