What To Expect From Coogler’s ‘Sinners’

10.10.24
What To Expect From Coogler’s ‘Sinners’ (Getty Images)

The dynamic duo of Black Panther and Creed partner up again to give us a horror movie set in the Jim Crow era. Warner Bros recently dropped a rather mysterious trailer showing their movie, Sinners, directed by Ryan Coogler and starring Micheal B. Jordan. The two-minute trailer is relatively cryptic, not showing much about the plot of the movie, but giving enough to peak movie watchers’ interest.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jordan is set to play the leading role of not only the character Smoke, but his twin brother who we see him embrace in the trailer. Alongside him is Hailee Steinfeld playing an unspecified character, but it’s speculated she’ll be the villain. In the trailer, however, she can be seen wearing white and dancing seductively in a room filled with other dancing characters. Other actors in the movie include Delroy Lindo, Jack O’Connell, Wunmi Mosaku, Jayme Lawson, and Omar Benson Miller.

The trailer leaves a lot of things up for speculation by not laying out the whole plot to us, which is a breath of fresh air. I actually couldn’t tell you what the movie was about based on the trailer alone, but according to credible sources, Jordan will be fighting vampires in this spectacle.