Adult ISH is a culture, advice and storytelling podcast produced entirely by folks who are almost adults.

In our latest episode, two letter writers share their experiences of lost parents. One is grappling with the death of a parent, a breakup and tough questions as they face loneliness and the prospect of raising a child without a partner or a parent. Another is thinking about their absent father and trying to decide what kind of relationship is even possible. We get into it, and find some gems of wisdom from YR Media writer and psychology student Ashley L. Fields, the brains behind the Orphanish online community, and American drag queen Eureka O’Hara.

Adult ISH is produced by YR Media and brought to you by PRX’s Radiotopia. Be sure to follow all our socials @yrAdultISH!

Meet the Host

Nygel Turner, 25, is an Oakland, California-based creator of Not Your Father’s Podcast and YouTube series Not Your Mama’s Kitchen. His audio and written work has also appeared in The Guardian, Snap Judgment and the CBC. Nyge is the only person in Oakland who has never lost an argument. He will never own the red Jeep of his fantasies. Listen to previous seasons with his former and still beloved co-host Merk Nguyen in our archives.

Season 6

Season 5

Season 4