Adult ISH is a culture, advice and storytelling podcast produced entirely by folks who are almost adults.

In a special episode of Adult ISH, New York Times best-selling author Mary H.K. Choi explores her personal journey with substances, family and grief. Join producer Dominique French as she and Choi discuss the intricacies of sobriety, the life-altering effects of loss, and the makings of meaningful friendship in a conversation that was just too rich not to share.

Adult ISH is produced by YR Media and brought to you by PRX’s Radiotopia. Be sure to follow all our socials @yrAdultISH!

Meet the Host

Nygel Turner, 25, is an Oakland, California-based creator of Not Your Father’s Podcast and YouTube series Not Your Mama’s Kitchen. His audio and written work has also appeared in The Guardian, Snap Judgment and the CBC. Nyge is the only person in Oakland who has never lost an argument. He will never own the red Jeep of his fantasies. Listen to previous seasons with his former and still beloved co-host Merk Nguyen in our archives.

Season 6

Season 5

Season 4