Adult ISH is a culture, advice and storytelling podcast produced entirely by folks who are almost adults.

In the first of three special Mental Health Awareness Month episodes, Merk and Nyge learn practical skills for taking care of their whole selves – mind, body, and soul. First, they connect to their breath and relax their minds with yoga instructor and body positivity advocate Jessamyn Stanley, who leads them through mindful conversation and a sonic meditation. Then star songwriter Tayla Parx shares her best tips to cultivate a soul-nourishing creative practice while dodging burnout, plus some disco-influenced tracks from her latest album, “Coping Mechanisms.”

Meet the Hosts

Angela “Merk” Nguyen, 24, is a Los Angeles-based podcast producer who is a self-described “cisgender sis with a knack for puns and alliterations.” She can hold a conversation in Vietnamese for 7 minutes (max) and aspires to be the next SpongeBob (no really, ask about her voice acting dreams).

Nygel Turner, 25, is an Oakland, California-based creator of Not Your Father’s Podcast and YouTube series Not Your Mama’s Kitchen. Nyge is the only person in Oakland who has never lost an argument. He will never own the red Jeep of his fantasies.

Season 5

Season 4

YR Media Statement in Support of AAPI Community