Adult ISH is a culture, advice and storytelling podcast produced entirely by folks who are almost adults.

We are living in a loneliness epidemic, according to the U.S. Surgeon General. And, it’s a global problem. A recent international Gallup survey showed nearly one in four people report feeling lonely – with young adults reporting the highest percentage of loneliness. So, we wanted to help by focusing on important relationships in your life, like platonic love. 

Host Nyge Turner brings his best friend, Josiah Percia, to Adult ISH to talk about the work they put into maintaining a long-lasting friendship. We also feature YR Stars Nubia, Jalen, and Ny’annah, who share how they show and receive love with their friends.  

Adult ISH is produced by YR Media and brought to you by PRX’s Radiotopia. Be sure to follow all our socials @YRAdultISH!

Please show your support for Adult ISH by making a donation at: YRMedia.org/Donate. THANK YOU!

Meet the Hosts

Nygel “Nyge” Turner (he/him) is an Oakland, California-based creator whose audio and written work has appeared in The Guardian, Snap Judgment, the CBC, and many other outlets. Nyge is a Bay Area-based lover of food, sports, and, most importantly, music. He loves the outdoors and has also watched almost every show on every streaming service.
Listen to previous seasons with his former and still beloved co-host Merk Nguyen in our archives.

Dominique “Dom” French (she/they) is a Black, femme, and disabled podcaster. Dom is the recipient of the Signal Awards for Best Conversation Starter (Black Enough) and Best Co-host (Adult ISH). A Northwestern University grad, Dominique has collaborated with the National Museum of African American History and Culture and contributed to the Smithsonian Anthology of Hip-Hop and Rap. The Georgia native loves making audio that explores the personal impact of systemic injustice, girly things, and the humor in hardship.

Season 11

Season 10

Season 9

Season 8