Adult ISH is a culture, advice and storytelling podcast produced entirely by folks who are almost adults.

In the Season 6 finale of Adult ISH, the team asks: Is there a guide to Black womanhood? One listener voices her fears about simply existing in a racist and troubled world. We consult Black women who we look up to about creating a roadmap forward in the face of countless perils, from being pulled over by the police to constant gender and race bias. Also, producer Dominique French talks to Khadija Mbowe, a Gambian-Canadian YouTuber, educator and all around creative.

While this season is a wrap, Adult ISH is still taking listener letters about the social conundrums and personal challenges of young adulthood for future episodes. We want to hear from you! Fill out this google form, and your letter may be part of a future episode.

Adult ISH is produced by YR Media and brought to you by PRX’s Radiotopia. Be sure to follow all our socials @yrAdultISH!

Meet the Host

Nygel Turner, 25, is an Oakland, California-based creator of Not Your Father’s Podcast and YouTube series Not Your Mama’s Kitchen. His audio and written work has also appeared in The Guardian, Snap Judgment and the CBC. Nyge is the only person in Oakland who has never lost an argument. He will never own the red Jeep of his fantasies. Listen to previous seasons with his former and still beloved co-host Merk Nguyen in our archives.

Season 6

Season 5

Season 4