Adult ISH is a culture, advice and storytelling podcast produced entirely by folks who are almost adults.

Life is full of firsts! Your first love, first kiss, first job, first apartment. These are things people love to talk to you about when you are young. Though first times are easy to romanticize in hindsight, living them can feel pretty scary. In this episode, host Nyge Turner talks to YR columnist Erianna Jiles about real-time lessons she’s learned starting a career. Plus, the Adult ISH team shares some of their own firsts with you.

Adult ISH is produced by YR Media and brought to you by PRX’s Radiotopia. Be sure to follow all our socials @yrAdultISH!

Meet the Host

Nygel Turner, 25, is an Oakland, California-based creator of Not Your Father’s Podcast and YouTube series Not Your Mama’s Kitchen. His audio and written work has also appeared in The Guardian, Snap Judgment and the CBC. Nyge is the only person in Oakland who has never lost an argument. He will never own the red Jeep of his fantasies. Listen to previous seasons with his former and still beloved co-host Merk Nguyen in our archives.

Season 7

Season 6

Season 5

Season 4