Adult ISH is a culture, advice and storytelling podcast produced entirely by folks who are almost adults.

In this special episode, the Adult ISH team drops some big news: co-host Merk Nguyen has made the tough decision to leave the show. Merk unpacks this turning point with her longtime co-host Nyge Turner, as the two reflect on their five-season adulting journey together and the path ahead.

Speaking of change, Nyge and the team are trying something new for Season 6 – but we need YOU to make it happen! It’s time to throw your own personal adulting challenges our way, and we’ll talk to professionals, celebrities, and general smarty-pants adults to dish out advice in return. Whether you’re facing a big life transition, curious about a taboo subject, or entangled in a love triangle, we want to hear all about it! Send us a message on any of our socials (or YR’s) with your challenge, or fill out this submission form.

Adult ISH (@yrAdultISH) is produced by YR Media and brought to you by PRX’s Radiotopia.

Meet the Hosts

Angela “Merk” Nguyen, 24, is a Los Angeles-based podcast producer who is a self-described “cisgender sis with a knack for puns and alliterations.” She can hold a conversation in Vietnamese for 7 minutes (max) and aspires to be the next SpongeBob (no really, ask about her voice acting dreams).

Nygel Turner, 25, is an Oakland, California-based creator of Not Your Father’s Podcast and YouTube series Not Your Mama’s Kitchen. Nyge is the only person in Oakland who has never lost an argument. He will never own the red Jeep of his fantasies.

Season 5

Season 4