Adult ISH Podcast

Adult ISH Podcast

08.13.19

ADULT ISH IS A FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND CULTURE, ADVICE AND STORYTELLING PODCAST PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY FOLKS WHO ARE ALMOST ADULTS.

Subscribe Now:
Apple
Spotify
Stitcher
Google

Listen Now!

Merk asks other Asian Americans about their traumatic (yet delicious) smelly school lunches. She also chats with her friends, co-workers and actress Asia Jackson about their experiences with colorism. Then, Merk and Disney’s Peyton Elizabeth Lee get into representation and how people think they’re the same person?! Adult ISH is produced by YR Media and part of PRX’s Radiotopia.

Season 2

Vintage Adult ISH

Meet the Hosts

Angela "Merk" Nguyen, 23, is a Seattle-based podcast producer who is a self-described "cisgendered sis with a knack for puns and alliterations." She got her start in audio through KUOW's RadioActive Youth Media and can #humblebrag about being on NPR airwaves as a teen. She can hold a conversation in Vietnamese for 7 minutes (max) and aspires to be the next SpongeBob (no really, ask about her voice acting dreams).

Nygel Turner, 23, is an Oakland, California-based creator of Not Your Father’s Podcast and YouTube series Not Your Mama’s Kitchen. Nyge is the only person in Oakland who has never lost an argument. He will never own the red Jeep of his fantasies. In his free time (haha), he studies psychology and plans to graduate later this year.
Hi! Take our audience survey