Showstopping Looks at the 2023 Met Gala

Did your favorite celebrity stay on theme?

05.01.23
Showstopping Looks at the 2023 Met Gala (Dimitrios Kambouris via Getty Images for The Met Museum/Vogue)

The theme 2023 Met Gala is inspired by Karl Lagerfeld: a line of beauty. The late designer is widely known for working with Coco Channel as he coined the double C luxury brand back in 1983. His classy clean cut style still thrives in the fashion realm so let's see who stuck to the theme this year!

Doja Cat

Doja Cat came early and set the tone for the carpet by channeling Karl Lagerfeld’s cat, Choupette. Her prosthetic feline make-up and form fitting hooded gown had cat ears to pull the entire look together. The 27-year-old rapper was blinged out in Oscar de la Renta and definitely stayed on theme. 

Brian Tyree Henry | Mike Coppola via Getty Images

Brian Tyree Henry

Actor Brian Tyree Henry mixes things up and sets the bar for the men. With long layered black and white pearls, Henry plays with texture as his look consists of dramatic ruffles and satin accents to contrast the vibe of his cape

Cardi B | Taylor Hill via Getty Images

Cardi B

New York Native Cardi B surprised us with two looks but was dressed in Channel from head to toe, in suede black roses once she reached the Met. As her jewels shined, so did her silver-fox hair.

Jennie Kim | Taylor Hill via Getty Images

Jennie Kim

Black Pink's Jennie arrived at her first Met Gala in a vintage 1990 Channel mini dress accessorized with gloves and a floral bow to match. Kim, was one of Karl’s hand picked muses for the house of Chanel.

Jeremy Pope | Taylor Hill via Getty Images

Jeremy Pope

With a cape to cover an entire staircase, Jeremy Pope arrived in Balmain sweeping the floor with Karl’s face … literally. Paired with high waisted bootcut bottoms, the cape draped perfectly over his shoulders.