5 Things You Missed in Music Business News

01.13.20

Oakland, CAThings are constantly changing in the music industry and it’s important to stay on top of trends and news updates, especially as an independent artist. We’ve got you covered with a weekly recap of the top stories you need to know.

YG Apologizes To The LGBTQ Community For Ignorant Views

YG started off his New Year right by apologizing to the LGBTQ ‘kommunity’ for some of the problematic views and insensitive gestures he's made in the past. He got a lot of tweets back from people thanking him for his apology.

Sam Smith Urges Fans To Love Their Bodies

Sam posted a topless selfie and encouraged their fans to love themselves. They told their fans not to let anyone stop them from getting some sun and opened up about their struggle with body positivity.

Trey Songz Getting Sued For $10 Million

Trey Songz is looking at a $10 million dollar lawsuit for sexual harassment. The incident supposedly took place on New Year’s Day at the nightclub E11even Miami in the VIP section.

Bieber Is Back In Full Effect With New Music, Video, & Documentary

Justin Bieber is back in the music scene as he dropped a new single called “Yummy,” along with freshly-minted music video for the new track. He also announced he will debut a documentary series about the making of his upcoming album. The 10-part series is called "Justin Bieber: Seasons" and will be available on YouTube. It debuts on January 27, 2020, at midnight ET.

A Possible Great Year For The Music Industry

Though 2019 was a great year for the music industry, a lot of the seasoned superstars took time off and were missed by their fans. We did receive greatness from legends like Ariana Grande and Post Malone who popped in and dropped some gems, but some 2018 albums were still charting last in 2019. What’s expected in 2020 though? We’ve got Justin Bieber on lock for sure, and there is some speculation regarding Lady Gaga’s sixth album. Adele’s planning a comeback, and we will be getting that Drake and Future collab.