5 Things You Missed in Music Business News

11.15.19

Oakland, CAThings are constantly changing in the music industry and it’s important to stay on top of trends and news updates, especially as an independent artist. We’ve got you covered with a weekly recap of the top stories you need to know.

Lil Nas X Wins His First CMA Award

Lil Nas X won his first CMA Award for his song, “Old Town Road” (Remix). Congrats to him for winning the CMA Musical Event Of The Year award.

Summer Walker Opens Up About Her Mental Health As She Pulls Tour Dates

After explaining for the umpteenth time that she has social anxiety, Walker revealed via Twitter that she is pulling dates from her tour to take care of her mental health.

Uncle Snoop Shares His Frustrations With Some Agents In The Music Industry

Uncle Snoop expressed frustration with a booking agent who he claims doesn’t want to work with him because of racial prejudice. Snoop says he will expose this individual, giving names and more details shortly.

SXSW Expands Lineup For 2020 Festival

SXSW just announced the lineup for its 2020 festival. Musicians that are scheduled to appear include names like Roger Waters and Kim Gordon. There will be a panel discussion with Phoebe Robinson, Benny Blanco, 50 Cent and more. The festival will take place March 16 - 20 with performances from Wire, Otoboke Beaver, Alex Somers, Hop Along’s Frances Quinlan, Nasty Cherry, Algiers, Walshy Fire, Basia Bulat, Weeping Icon and more.

Leave Rihanna Alone! She’s Fed Up!

We all know that Riri’s last album "ANTI" was super fye and we want more, but dear children Robyn needs space. People have been nagging Rihanna for her ninth album and the anticipation is unmatched. Yet no one has taken the time to understand that she now runs a whole cosmetics line, lingerie line and she just dropped a book on the entire world. Taking all of that into consideration, Rihanna published an Instagram post talking about how this year has been so crazy. Not only did the calvary come nagging but a close friend of Rihanna also said: “where’s the album heaux!” Riri, of course, clapped back with the classic “Who sent you, Blocked.”