5 Things You Missed in Music Business News

04.29.19

Oakland, CAThings are constantly changing in the landscape of the music industry and it’s important to stay on top of trends and news updates, especially as an independent artist. We’ve got you covered with a weekly recap of the top stories you need to know.

New Bieber Music OTW

After a two-year hiatus from any performances, Justin Bieber hit the stage with Ariana Grande during her Coachella set. He also announced that he’s working on a new album. New Bieber coming soon for the Beliebers!

YNW Melly Facing Death Penalty

Melly originally made his way into the mainstream with the release of his top tracks “Murder On My Mind” and “Mixed Personalities,” which featured Kanye West. But recently the 19-year-old rapper has been atop headlines since news dropped that he was allegedly involved in the double murder of two of his friends. It has been reported that the young artist is facing the death penalty for his actions.

Nicki Minaj Linking Up with Chris Brown for Summer Tour

They’re baaaaack. Nicki Minaj and Chris Brown are kicking off summer 19’ with a tour! Chris Brown confirmed the announcement with an IG story post. The Queen of Rap and the King of R&B paired together live should be interesting. We’re all here for it.

Jonas Brothers Back on Top!!!

The Jonas Brothers are back!!! Who would’ve thought the pop trio would make a comeback? They now hold the #1 spot on Top 40 radio for their single “Sucker.” The single is also in the Top 10 on iTunes and Spotify's global charts.

Hulu, Netflix, and More on the Hook for Fyre Fest Documentaries

Hulu, Netflix, Stubhub, and more have been hit with subpoenas for using uncleared “insider” footage for their Fyre Fest documentaries. Although they are pending, the subpoenas are in the $10 million range and rising.