Adin Ross’ Twitch Comeback Continues to Pull in Big Numbers

Since his comeback, each stream has pulled in more than one million views.

06.21.22
Adin Ross’ Twitch Comeback Continues to Pull in Big Numbers (@adinross via Instagram)

Tallahassee, FLMany teen boys love to play the well-known video game series NBA 2K by themselves or online with friends. An 18-year-old from Boca Raton, Florida, did just that but on the live streaming platform, Twitch. He even skipped his high school prom because of his dedication. 

Now 21 years old, Adin Ross is one of the most popular broadcasters on Twitch. 

He began his Twitch career in October 2018 and now has 4.1 million followers. He makes money through subscriptions and ads.

However, success does not come without controversy. On April 20, Ross received an “indefinite ban” from the platform due to the alleged use of “hateful slurs, hate symbols, or hate group emblems without context or in a harmful manner.” 

Ross claimed that he wasn’t aware why that was the reason.

About six weeks later, on June 4, Twitch lifted the ban. He dropped a video teaser later that day, promoting his long-awaited return to Twitch.

https://youtu.be/HH3KEyWLdfg

Two days later, he returned to Twitch for almost five consecutive hours, racking up nearly 100,000 viewers —  one of the biggest Twitch-ban return streams seen in a long time. At the beginning of the stream, Ross mentioned how his experience was “humbling.” 

“I am ready to work as hard as I possibly can strictly on content now and focus on that,” he said. “I can’t believe it. We are back.”

Ross predicted his return would “break the internet.” He told viewers that he would have one to two special guests every week. So far, he’s had fellow streamer and rapper Polo G.