Aliyahcore Takes Over TikTok

TikTok influencer Aliyah Bah took the internet by storm in late 2022 with her flamboyant yet nostalgic style and cheery personality. Bah soon dubbed her iconic style: Aliyahcore, which spread like wildfire on the internet.

04.14.23
Aliyahcore Takes Over TikTok (Aliyah Bah | Girls United via True Star Media)

Washington, DCLast year, and so far in 2023, there has been a resurgence of Y2K, alternative, and grunge fashion as well as iconic looks such as Doja Cat’s Swarovski crystal-embellished body at 2023 Paris fashion week. But one of the most iconic and creative contributions made to fashion this year has been Aliyahcore. 

TikTok influencer Aliyah Bah took the internet by storm in late 2022 with her flamboyant yet nostalgic style and cheery personality. Bah soon dubbed her iconic style: Aliyahcore, which spread like wildfire on the internet. Aliyahcore consists of many different aspects including, but not limited to: mini skirts, fishnets, garters, fur, platform boots, and most importantly confidence. Bah has also stated that Aliyahcore is heavily influenced by streetwear, Y2K, Harajuku, and alternative fashion.

Bah’s newfound fame has brought her many opportunities, including invitations to New York Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week, and London Fashion Week, in which she made her modeling debut in Mowalola’s (Black-owned luxury brand) Fall 2023 collection. From magazine covers to closing runway shows, Bah’s life has been flipped upside down since Aliyahcore spread so rapidly across the internet.