‘Amber Brown’ Makes Her Way To TV

08.05.22
‘Amber Brown’ Makes Her Way To TV (Gregg DeGuire/FilmMagic via Getty Images)

ChicagoA book series adapted into a TV series? Um, YES PLEASE!!!

The new series “Amber Brown” is now streaming on Apple TV+, starring Carsyn Rose (“The Rookie,” “Cousins for Life”), Sarah Drew (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Cruel Summer”), Darin Brooks (“Blue Mountain State,” “The Croods: Family Tree”) and newcomer Liliana Inouye. The show highlights the story of Amber Brown — a newcomer to middle school who is going through a variety of changes in her life. With her parent’s divorce and her best friend moving away, she is now forced to adjust to a brand new environment.

Throughout Amber’s journey, we watch her grow as an individual and as an artist, who expresses herself through her sketchbook and video diary. Rose, who portrays this inspiring role, describes Amber as “a funny, smart character … when I’m going into that character it makes me feel like Amber is the best version of me.” Rose and her character have many similarities and differences as well. “I feel like I relate to her in so many ways. But especially on a level of like her creativity. I feel like I am a creative person and I’ve learned you can use that to express yourself.”