R&B’s Ambré Released New EP ‘3000°’

The popular songwriter proves she’s here to stay.

06.17.22
R&B’s Ambré Released New EP ‘3000°’ (Tommaso Boddi via Getty Images for Roc Nation)

New Orleans-raised singer/songwriter, Ambré dropped her latest EP, "3000°," Friday. While Roc Nation chose to not release a single before the project, she opted to release a web app called 3000° degreez where fans get a sneak peek at new music based on the temperature of their current location. 

The eight-track EP features three features from Destin Conrad, BEAM, Jvck James, and a verse from Jay Electronica, which differs from her last project, "Pulp (Directors Cut)," which featured big names — boasting the likes of Smino, Jean Deaux, G-Eazy and more as collaborators. This time around, Ambré wants the album to feel like her home city in hopes of giving more context to her music and her life. 

Ambré explores her love for her family and New Orleans, and how both exemplify the power and beauty of “Black Love.” She also references the early 2000s movie “Brown Sugar” where the love of music, euphoria of nostalgia and the comfortability of home bring two people together at the mercy of love.

She announced the album in late May, posting a short letter to fans on Instagram where she also revealed the album's title and release date. She followed up weeks later, sharing the front and back cover, where she stands on the front porch, surrounded by her family.   

In a recent Instagram post, Ambré says when listening to her new project, she wants the listener to “feel warm, feel inspired, inspired to go outside [and] be in nature, inspired to go home [and] be with their family and inspired to be with the ones they love.” 

While the artist has penned hits for the likes of Kehlani and H.E.R., "3000°" is sure to please. 

"3000°" is out now via Roc Nation Records.