Audrey Nuna’s Debut Project ‘a liquid breakfast’

06.15.21
Audrey Nuna’s Debut Project ‘a liquid breakfast’ (Photo: Audrey Nuna/Sony)

Rising R&B artist Audrey Nuna recently dropped her debut project, “a liquid breakfast,” filled with themes of growing up and self-discovery as she revisits her hometown of New Jersey and explores the duality between childhood and adulthood. 

The 10-track body of work showcases the range of the 22-year-old Korean American’s ability as some tracks feature fast-paced rap whereas others include slower, more melodic singing verses, which also goes to show the duality of her talent. 

The project contains pre-released singles “Comic Sans” featuring Jack Harlow, “Blossom,” “Space” and most notably, “damn Right.” Nuna recorded most of these songs from her childhood home last summer which inspired the idea of adolescence.

Despite the range of sounds this body of work features, each song contains beats that go hard, whether it’s mood-boosting or comforting. Nuna performed at 88rising’s Asia Rising Together benefit concert on May 26.