Black Greek Festival Provide Resources to Homeless, Black Businesses in D.C.

07.16.21

DeKalb, ILThe Black Greek Festival is back and is set to begin later this month, virtually and in-person, to serve as an engaging environment to foster Greek unity to the “Divine Nine.” 

The “Black Greek Festival Weekend” in Washington, D.C. is set to take place July 22 to 25 featuring MTV’s Wild ‘N Out’s Darren “Big Baby” Brand, Mr. Bankshot, Quail Not Funny, Jay Hill, Alex “Ohlexsee” Ngonga and DJ Quicksilva. 

Created in 2020 by “Kwame” Safo Agyemang, Chelsea Brown and William Walker, the event was designed for Black Greek fraternities and sororities to support the homeless population and Black-owned businesses throughout the pandemic.

Agyemang and Walker are members of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. and Brown is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.

Festivities will include a virtual stroll-off, panel discussions and a day of service providing support for human services professionals and homeless women in the D.C. area. 

Two outdoor events will also take place, including the “Black Greek Festival” and “Brunch Olympics” that will highlight local Black-owned businesses. 

Tickets and more information about the event can be found here