Former Teen Rappers Battle It Out on VERZUZ

05.26.21
Former Teen Rappers Battle It Out on VERZUZ (Photo: Bow Wow | Paras Griffin/Getty Images AND Soulja Boy | Zachary Mazur/Getty Images)

The rappers are both known for their come-up at a very young age, with Bow Wow getting his first Billboard hit at 13. Soulja Boy has the title of the first viral rapper on YouTube, with the infamously classic chart-topping “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” when he was 17. Their similar paths put them on par and set to battle it out.

Announced by Soulja Boy on Twitter, and seemingly confirmed by VERZUZ creator Swizz Beats on Instagram, the two will be the latest duo to battle their hits while the world watches. The pair is known for their past beef and aren’t making it unknown, a running theme in the show’s lineup – much to the enjoyment of social media. They’ve already thrown some jabs at each other online in preparation for the main event. 

We’ve been waiting on this one, so mark your calendars to get in on the action and don’t miss out. 

Watch Bow Wow vs Soulja Boy, the battle of the Millennials, on VERZUZ on June 26 at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET.