It’s Official, We’re Entering Our ‘Bridgerton’ Era

The newly released season follows a line of royalty-inspired trends.

07.01.24
It’s Official, We’re Entering Our ‘Bridgerton’ Era (Nicola Coughlan | Andrea Renault/AFP via Getty Images)

In December 2023, the showcase of the 2024 Bridgerton Wedding Collection took place as a collaboration between Allure Bridals and the Netflix franchise from Shondaland to design wedding gowns inspired by the “Bridgerton” series and its spinoff “Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story.”  Bridgerton-inspired trends and collaborations would continue throughout the year motivated by the newly released third season.

The series has won many over and has roused a lot of creativity — from royalty-inspired wedding themes to rich scented candles. Amid the hype surrounding the new Season 3, fans took to TikTok to share “Bridgerton”-inspired picnics and birthday celebrations. All the while, wedding decorators post their work per their clients’ requests for a ‘Bridgerton’-inspired theme.

@thea1ydiaries #bridgerton #party #girly #birthday ♬ Bridgerton – The Harmony Group

Not only have fans been inspired to host celebrations and wear clothing in theme with “Bridgerton,” but also indulged in home decorations. Companies, such as Michaels and HomeGoods, foster this home decorating trend by dedicating aisles to the ‘Bridgerton’ theme for consumers. 

Other companies, including Bath & Body Works, have gone so far as creating “Bridgerton”-inspired self-care essentials. Last March the self-care retail chain announced its collaboration with Shondaland Netflix to release scented candles, hand soap, body mists, hand sanitizers, and room fragrances. 

The uproar of trends inspired by ‘Bridgerton’ is a reflection of fans’ endearment for the show. Entertaining fans and influencing trends worldwide, ‘Bridgerton’ stands its ground as the trendsetter of the season, and perhaps many more to come.

Kyana Early (she/her) is a journalist from the San Francisco Bay Area who covers entertainment and culture.