Calvin Harris’ ‘Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2’ Sets Dance Floor On Fire

‘Funk Wav Bounces Vol 2’ features Snoop Dogg, Young Thug, Chlöe and more.

08.05.22
Calvin Harris’ ‘Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2’ Sets Dance Floor On Fire (Joseph Okpako/WireImage via Getty Images)

Scottish DJ Calvin Harris recently released the sequel to his seminal "Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1."  

Similar to his last album, "Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2," is chock-full of pop and rap stars alike, this time around he enlists Pharrell, Young Thug, 21 Savage, Halsey, Dua Lipa, Lil Durk and more. 

The first single, “Potion,” embodies the summer elegantly, with features from Young Thug, who provides a delicate yet witty verse and Dua Lipa who graces the hook with a posh yet dreamy hook, guaranteed to make you want to hit the replay button. 

https://youtu.be/FFV6t4Dl_zQ

The music video has already amassed over 24 million views on YouTube and has more than 80 million streams on Spotify. 

Following the release of “Potion,” Harris returned with “New Money” featuring 21 Savage and “Stay With Me,” featuring Justin Timberlake, Halsey, and Pharrell.

In his latest sensation, "New To You," he enlists Normani, Tinashe and Offset for a summer smash. Normani and Tinashe come together for a syrupy duet, while Offset's verse charms listeners with the life of luxury.   

In June, Harris posted an album trailer, showcasing all of the artists featured on "Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2." The cover art for the album is a small island with a yellow house on it and what looks to be an orange tree and based on the singles, "Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2" will light up your summer. 

"Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1" peaked at No. 2 on US Billboard 200. ‘Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2’ has a lot to live up to and fans are anxious to hear what he has in store for them.

"Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2." is out now via Sony Music Entertainment UK.