Campus Movie Fest Adds BIPOC Category

05.07.21
Campus Movie Fest Adds BIPOC Category (Photo: Getty Images)

DeKalb, ILThe world’s largest student film festival, Campus Movie Fest, is giving Black, Indigenous and people of color a platform with its new category: Rewrite The Script on Representation in Film

The new category challenges students to submit short films centered around BIPOC characters or are created by BIPOC students. 

Films, no longer than five minutes, will be considered and must showcase what genuine, authentic representation looks and feels like. The submission deadline is May 15, and finalists will be announced June 29. Anyone interested in submitting can do so, but Campus Movie Fest strongly encourages full-time BIPOC students.

The top winner will receive a $5,000 filmmaking grant, with second place receiving $3,000, and third place receiving $2,000. Winners will receive access to training and workshops from those in the filmmaking industry. 

Campus Movie Fest provides free technology and training to more than 1 million students at colleges and universities globally to tell their stories on the big screen through film.