TikTok Star Charlie Curtis-Beard Lands TV Deal

The rapper and TikTok star is coming to NBCUniversal to offer music and humor.

11.04.22
TikTok Star Charlie Curtis-Beard Lands TV Deal (@charliecurtisbeard via Instagram)

Charlie Curtis-Beard is one of 11 TikTok stars to land a position as a content creator for NBCUniversal.

The network’s goal is to tap into the new generation of storytellers who specialize in creating original content as part of a new initiative. Curtis-Beard has become more recognized for his artistic talent and developed a fanbase of over 1 million on TikTok

The self-produced rapper will have much to offer to the next generation during his time with NBCUniversal, including his artistic mind for music.

Over the next year, he will be assigned a content development mentor to help assist in developing scripted and unscripted content.

Originally from Lincoln, Nebraska, Curtis-Beard set off to Chicago to pursue a music career while attending Columbia College Chicago. Upon the release of his first album, “Childish,” the Chicago Reader and Bandcamp hailed him as the “Best Overlooked Hip-Hop Artist” and the “Best New Soul.”