Chlöe Bailey Talks About the Financial Side of the Music Biz

During the interview Bailey did confirm that her debut solo album is complete, though there’s no official release date.

05.06.22
Chlöe Bailey Talks About the Financial Side of the Music Biz (Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic via Getty Images)

ChicagoChlöe Bailey opened up about finding success in the music industry and explained why some artists don’t see as much financial success as others, according to Yahoo News.

During a recent appearance on “The Terrell Show,” she said “musicians don’t make a lot of money in the music industry. That’s why you see a lot of people — they have brand deals and brand sponsorships because that’s where the coin comes from. And touring. But music itself, you’re actually losing money.” 

https://youtu.be/8CX7ubYBeB8

Bailey also shared lessons producing for her group Chlöe x Halle.

I learned this because I would produce sis and I’s records,” she said, according to AtlantaBlackStar.com, adding “Producers outside will get paid a huge lump sum. But, because I would produce sis and I’s records, I couldn’t get paid because I was a producer within the group.”

But that approach comes with some benefits, she added. 

“The good thing is that, even though you lose money in the music business, you get a coin from everything that comes from the music you’re making,” Bailey continued. “So, the music is almost like the ad. It’s a business. And it’s sad to think of it that way, but that’s why tours go big … That’s where you make your money. And the big brand deals.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OfaMlMcZew