Closing The Skills Gap

10.16.13
Closing The Skills Gap
YAB 2

On November 4th-7th, Youth Radio’s New Options Project National Youth Advisory Board will be attending the Close It Summit in Washington, D.C.

The Close It Summit will bring together education leaders, workforce and youth development innovators, and policy experts actively engaged in creating new talent pathways to close the skills gap and bridge the opportunity divide. Youth advisers will have a chance to represent the youth voice and exchange ideas around solutions to unemployment, skills gap, degree values, and discuss the future of technology, education, and training in the nation.

The New Options Project (NOP) connects out-of-school job seekers, ages 16-24, with meaningful career opportunities, while leading employers to a source of untapped talent. NOP Youth Advisors support that work. We offer expertise and problem solving on the issues that directly impact out-of-work youth. We supplement NOP’s existing efforts to engage employers around this issue by bringing young people into the conversation. We have developed a strategy for youth engagement that recognizes young adults as an asset to the community, not a liability.

Learn more from the New Options Project and The Close It Summit.