Deyjah Harris Talks Finding Her Niche Amid Growing Up in the Spotlight

12.15.21
Deyjah Harris Talks Finding Her Niche Amid Growing Up in the Spotlight (Photo: Paras Griffin/Getty Images)

ChicagoDeyjah Harris, daughter of rapper and actor T.I., opened up about the pressure she felt coming from a multi-talented family. 

The Harris family, headed by T.I. and Xscape singer Tameka “Tiny” Harris, consists of musicians including Zonnique Pullins, Domani Harris and Messiah Harris. Additionally, 5-year-old Heiress Harris has a YouTube channel and sings, according to the Atlanta Black Star. 

Deyjah shared on Twitter that she wished she were as talented as her relatives and that she's in search of a new hobby. 

“Some of my other siblings are really artistic. Drawing/painting, singing/dancing, hell graphic design, something I’m gonna see if I can find a new hobby by February,” she said. 

Many fans suggested she pursue modeling, culinary and start a YouTube channel. Others sent well wishes, with one stating that she doesn’t have to follow her family’s footsteps.

“You’ll find your niche. It won’t always be the same as your family. You can also find this in the things you love to express creatively,” the fan said

Deyjah thanked everyone for their “thoughtful words.” 

“I wasn’t expecting this tweet to be posted, but I hope none of you feel bad or sorry for me. I was just simply tweeting my thoughts/speaking my truth,” she said, adding, “I’m honored and appreciative of the different things you all (on here as well as Twitter) suggested, though! (: I will definitely keep them in mind… we’ll see where life takes me also; happy early Thanksgiving to you all + your loved ones.”