Content in partnership with True Star

Study Drake and The Weeknd In College

10.06.21
Study Drake and The Weeknd In College (Photo: Ollie Millington/WireImage via Getty Images)

ChicagoHow much would you pay to study Drake and The Weeknd? Well, if you’re in the United States it doesn’t matter; you can’t. But students at Ryerson University in Canada can.

The Toronto school will offer a class on the different aspects of the artists lives and their craft for the Spring 2022 semester. It will be taught by professor Dalton Higgs, who has given lectures on Black music and wrote six books on the topic.

Higgs said students will dissect the Canadian artists’s branding, rise to the top, lyrics and the conditions in which their careers were able to flourish in the way they have.

“What people tend to forget about Drake is that he’s actually a great writer,” the Higgs told CNN. “In his rhymes he employs all kinds of literary devices like metaphors, iambic pentameter, similes, so we’re going to deconstruct his lyrics and examine how he puts his songs together.”

There’s an immense amount of excitement for this class by Ryerson University students, he said.

Read more ...

This guest post is in partnership with the True Star Media.