Earl Sweatshirt’s Latest Album is ‘SICK!’

The LA native is back with a 10-track project highlighting the way people are affected by the pandemic.

01.24.22
Earl Sweatshirt’s Latest Album is ‘SICK!’ (Photo: Erika Goldring via Getty Images)

CA; OaklandEarl Sweatshirt's latest album "SICK!" has arrived and it marks the artist’s first offering since the 2020 “Feet of Clay (Deluxe).” 

"SICK!" is a hypnotic listen, combining chill and eccentric instrumentals with lucid lyrics that paint a story of the 27-year-old’s life, jabbing at listeners so quickly it will have you clicking the repeat button at least once. Clocking in at a total of 24 minutes, the album gives listeners a quick escape from the turbulent reality that lies outside. 

Earl also released a video for the bone-chilling Black Noi$e-produced single "Titanic." The Rodney Passe-directed video follows Na-Kel Smith driving as Earl sits on the back of a moving car in a somewhat empty lot.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0yn-5Asyxs

The Los Angeles native started working on "SICK!" at the start of the pandemic, which lead Earl to touches on topics such as his personal life to his rise to fame with Odd Future.

The rapper admitted to taking inspiration from the emotions and behaviors of our society living through a global pandemic. 

“People were sick. The People were angry and isolate, and restless. I leaned into the chaos cause it was apparent that it wasn't going anywhere. These songs are what happened when I would come up for air,” he said in a news release. 

The much-awaited project showcases how Earl has grown musically since his last full-length album “Some Rap Songs” — where he raps in a subdued manner over soul loops. The verbal gymnast has since lent his bars to The Alchemist's 2021 EP, "This Thing of Ours," Boldy James' "Bo Jackson," and Wiki's latest album "Half God." On “SICK!,” we find Earl delivering more assertive raps over darker production. We also see features from Zelooperz and Armand Hammer. 

“SICK!” is out now via Warner and Tan Cressida Records.