Don’t Miss Elujay’s Latest Project ‘Circmvnt’

The Oakland artist returns to discuss heavy topics over groovy production. Pay attention as Elujay unveils what's been on his mind since his 2020 release "GEMS IN THE CORNERSTORE."

02.08.22
Don’t Miss Elujay’s Latest Project ‘Circmvnt’ (@elujay via Instagram)

Elujay navigated heavy thoughts on morality, the state of the world, capitalism and more, over soulful beats in his latest album, “Circmvnt” which dropped last month.

Last summer, the 25-year-old singer, songwriter and producer released the first single, “Frequently.” Although released last June, the single feels fresh with each listen. Bouncy production and a simple yet catchy chorus will have you humming the song by the track’s end. 

Elujay masterfully interweaves the genres of soul, R&B and jazz while maintaining his unique, smooth, dreamy sound. With songs about love, growth and introspection, there’s something for everyone on his latest album. 

Prior to the release of “Circmvnt,” Elujay dropped singles “1080p,” the serpentwithfeet-assisted “Luvaroq,” “Tenfold” and the album’s latest “Pandemia” — a flute driven track he made with Benny Bock at the start of quarantine. Other highlights include the album’s outro with a funky breakdown and faint vocals that add texture to the already rich baseline. 

While the project features production from Melo-Zed, Simon Ajero, HXNS, Benny Bock and more, Elujay plays a large hand in each track’s creation.

R&B singer serpentwithfeet contributes a great extent to the project and complements Elujay’s vision The confident songwriting and cohesive production are more than enough to hook listeners onto Elujay’s latest offering. serpentwithfeet graces “Luvaroq” with an angelic verse, fluently layering his ad-libs over Elujay’s infectious chorus. 

“Circmvnt” is available on all streaming platforms.