Content in partnership with True Star

FIRST STEP Fosters High School Fashion Designers

04.24.24
FIRST STEP Fosters High School Fashion Designers (True Star Media)

ChicagoExcel High School students recently wrapped up the FIRST STEP COURSE, a pioneering initiative aimed at empowering inner-city youth in Chicago to excel academically, express their creativity, and address mental health challenges. Shaun Redwell and Trenell Adams, also known as fashion designer Teezy, spent 10 weeks teaching selective students at Excel the essence of fashion design. Redwell and Adams taught the students how to customize their own shoes and create an outfit to go with it.

Redwell stated, “We believe in and use the power of creativity to transform lives and communities. Through this program, we aim to not only cultivate the next generation of artists and designers, but also provide essential support and resources to help students overcome mental health challenges and achieve their full potential.” Redwell added, “Each student in this program was chosen by having good grades, attendance, and over good behavior; so you have to be on your ‘A’ game to join the program.”

Read more …

This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.