Is ‘Glass Onion’ Worth Watching?

The movie has a few flaws, but still feels as fun as the original, and worth giving a shot.

01.06.23
Is ‘Glass Onion’ Worth Watching? (Netflix)

ChicagoThe sequel to the movie “Knives Out finally dropped on Netflix, and it’s about as fun as the first one. Come for the allure of a murder mystery, stay for rich people taking L’s.

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery” immediately lets you know that it’s not a direct sequel, since how would that even work? Chris Evan’s character was arrested at the end. Instead, besides Daniel Craig as the detective, this movie has a totally new cast, including Edward Norton, Dave Bautista, Kathryn Hahn, Jessica Henwick, and Janelle Monáe.

The story follows a select group of people after they get invited by their rich friend to stay at his private island. As the detective immediately solves the murder mystery game they had planned, he finds out he wasn’t even invited, and that something far more sinister is going on in paradise.