Gracie Abrams: Next Queen of Bedroom Pop

She’s prepared for her upcoming tour, “This Is What It Feels Like,” and will also open for Olivia Rodrigo on the “SOUR” tour.

02.17.22
Gracie Abrams: Next Queen of Bedroom Pop (Interscope PR)

by Sarah John

This story was originally published on New York University’s Washington Square News.

Gracie Abrams’ latest project, “This Is What It Feels Like,” dives into the woes and sorrows of young love, friendship and teenage melancholy. 

The album received widespread critical acclaim, and unsurprisingly so — the blossoming singer-songwriter has already garnered praise from the likes of Phoebe Bridgers, Lorde and Olivia Rodrigo, the latter of which she’ll be opening for on the “SOUR” tour. 

Abrams, a charmingly open TikTok user and a self-proclaimed shy and anxious young adult, exudes all the vulnerability and passion that bedroom pop is famous for. But just like the brutally honest, intimate music that put her on the map, Abrams has her own brand of boldness. She has a persistent devotion to diving deeper and deeper into her art, and that drive has made her into one of the hottest figures in bedroom pop.

Read the rest of the story at Washington Square News.