Experience ‘GUMBO’! DELUXE’!’ With Pink Siifu

Pink Siifu’s latest rendition of “GUMBO’!” drops Friday.

03.11.22
Experience ‘GUMBO’! DELUXE’!’ With Pink Siifu (@pinksiifu via Instagram)

A new version of "GUMBO'!" (2021) is here. 

“GUMBO'! DELUXE'!” was released Friday by Pink Siifu. Kenny Beats, Zelooperz, Velee and others collaborated on 10 new tracks for the album. Big Rube, Liv.e, Nick Hakim, V.C.R, and DJ Harrison contribute remixes to the opening tune, "Gumbo'! 4 tha Folks, Hold On."

“GUMBO’!” is a celebration of all of the artists that helped him develop his style and sound. It features over 20 guest artists and serves as a tribute to hip-hop from the South. 

Using elements of hip-hop, neo-soul and funk, Pink Siifu paints a diverse landscape of sound throughout the album. One of the standout tracks “Bussin’ (Cold),” featuring rapper Turich Benjy, leans more towards a modern trap sound. Straightforward hi-hats and bouncy 808s compose the track, but he brings his own spin with unique delivery and lyricism to make the track anything but generic. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC0HYj7oDQE

“GUMBO’!” not only celebrates his many influences, it also showcases his ability to incorporate all of them into his own novel sound. 

Pink Siifu has been pushing the limits of sound and genre since his debut solo album “ensley” in 2018. His style has developed and changed since his debut, and he’s built up a great community of artists within his work. Between the releases of “GUMBO’!” and “GUMBO’! DELUXE’!” He contributed to Fly Anakin’s EP “Black Be The Source” with Billz Egypt on its title track. He and Anakin are frequent collaborators, even releasing the full-length album “FlySiifu’s” together in 2020. 

Pink Siifu’s U.S. tour 4 Tha Folks’! kicked off in Chicago on Thursday, and will play its last date in Seattle on March 24. “GUMBO’! DELUXE’!'' is available via Field-Left.