2023 Is Issa Rae’s Year, Period!

Issa Rae returns as Spider-Woman, aka Jessica Drew, in the Sony animated “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse”. It's scheduled for release on June 2.

01.13.23
2023 Is Issa Rae’s Year, Period! (Michael Kovac/The Hollywood Reporter via Getty Images)

Los Angeles2023 is Issa Rae’s season, and I am here for it! The creator and star of the hit HBO show “Insecure” and creator of “Rap Sh!t” is going to be gracing our screens multiple times this year in some major movie releases.

Issa Rae is returning as Spider-Woman, aka Jessica Drew, in the Sony animated sequel to “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”, “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse”. She does not just play any superhero; she also plays a pregnant superhero. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUqUZ7uumqE&feature=youtu.be

It will be full of exciting surprises. The animation is set to hit theaters on June 2, 2023. The representation from this animation is going to be groundbreaking.