Jazz Prodigies DOMi and JD Beck Release ‘NOT TiGHT’

The new album “NOT TiGHT” is out now via Anderson.Paak’s APESHIT label.

08.04.22
Jazz Prodigies DOMi and JD Beck Release ‘NOT TiGHT’ (@domiandjdbeck via Instagram)

DOMi and JD Beck recently released their debut project, "NOT TiGHT."

What makes their music so unique and special is their combination of humor and harmonic intricacy used to create jazzy tunes. They take listeners on an incredible sonic journey on "NOT TiGHT," coupled with an amazing list of guest features from jazz legend Herbie Hancock to rap veterans Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmRppchB8vs

DOMi and JD Beck announced in April their joint deal on Instagram with Anderson .Paak's upstart label APESHIT and Blue Note Records. 

The two released their first single, "SMiLE," alongside a short film featuring Mac Demarco, just days later. In the video, Mac Demarco plays a jazz musician who lost his hearing. DOMi and JD Beck throw him a surprise party in hopes they can boost his spirit. 

The duo followed up with two more singles, “WHATUP," and "TAKE A CHANCE" featuring Anderson .Paak. 

One thing is clear, this is just the beginning for the jazz duo who have already played for and won the respect of jazz and rap veterans. 

DOMi and JD Beck's "NOT TiGHT" is out now via APESHIT and Blue Note Records.