Kenny Beats Releases Debut Solo Project ‘LOUIE’

As a tribute to his father, Kenny Beats publishes his debut solo album, ‘LOUIE,’ out now via XL Recordings.

09.01.22
Kenny Beats Releases Debut Solo Project ‘LOUIE’ (Kenny Beats via Evan Tetreault)

Inspired by his father’s pancreatic cancer diagnosis, Kenny Beats decided to create a gift for him in the form of an album, “LOUIE.” 

He created the album in a month while he self-isolated in England due to COVID-19. The producer enlisted close friends to contribute to the project, including Pink Siifu, Omar Apollo, Paris Texas, Vince Staples and more.

The 33-minute album, although concise in time, spans over 17 tracks. “LOUIE” delivers a transcendent study of texture-filled songs, creating a moving sonic masterpiece, expertly blending synths, scattered vocal samples and background vocals, making the project feel like a single dreamy track.   

In a press release, Kenny shares, “I always said that I wouldn’t do a solo album because I didn’t have anything to say. Finally, I did. Something dark turned into something beautiful. This album encapsulated the feeling of that one month.”

“LOUIE” is out now via XL Recordings.