Latto Gets Her Own Day in Georgia

The Grammy-nominated rapper received the proclamation and key to the city at her Win Some Give Some Foundation's second annual Christmas in Clayton County.

12.23.22
Latto Gets Her Own Day in Georgia (Prince Williams/Wireimage via Getty Images)

Los AngelesClayton County in Georgia had a new day for community members to mark off on their calendar, “Latto Day.”

The Grammy-nominated rapper, Latto, received the proclamation and key to the city Dec. 18 at her Win Some Give Some Foundation's second annual Christmas in the county. During her event she provided over 3,000 presents, dinner and other essential items that families may need during this holiday season. 

Santa Claus was also in attendance to bring holiday cheer to all the families who attend. The event was also supported by Stacey Abrams and Clayton County commissioner Alieka Anderson who stood alightside as she received her honors.

Last year her Christmas celebration theme was “Latto 4 The Ladies & Babies” where she provided “meals and Christmas gifts were provided for teen girls, as well as young mothers and their children including Black Santa merchandise, toys, Visa gift cards, free skating passes to their local rink, filled stockings, and more.”

The “Big Energy” rapper founded the nonprofit, Win Some Give Some, in 2021 with a goal  “to empower at-risk young women by providing them resources and support to achieve a lifetime of success.” While the organization is still young, the impact can be felt throughout her community and it is something they look forward to.