Go, DJ! Cuz That’s My DJ: New AI-Powered Spotify DJ

04.04.23
Go, DJ! Cuz That’s My DJ: New AI-Powered Spotify DJ (Getty Images)

CharlotteWith artificial intelligence slowly taking over our society in the recents years, many brands and companies are now creating new ways to incorporate AI technology. Spotify has now introduced a new AI powered “DJ” that personalizes and curates new music and playlists for users. The greatest component of the new feature has to be the voice, which is powered by Sonantic: an AI voice platform under Spotify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok-aNnc0Dko

How it Works

The AI-powered DJ works by analyzing a user's listening habits, such as the artists, songs and genres and knowing what songs they love and hate. Then it will take that  information to curate a personalized playlist that fits the user's preferences. One of the biggest benefits has to be helping listeners discover new music they might not normally come across.

How to find your DJ from Spotify

• Head to your Music Feed on Home in the Spotify mobile app on your iOS or Android device.
  • Tap Play on the DJ card.
  • Spotify will do the rest! The DJ serves a lineup of music alongside short commentary picked just for you. 
  • Not feeling the vibe? Just hit the DJ button at the bottom right to be taken to a different genre, artist or mood.

Spotify's new AI-powered DJ is an exciting development in music technology, offering users a personalized, seamless listening experience that saves time and effort. I feel like this is a great creative way to use AI technology.