Is DaBaby Back?

05.11.23
Is DaBaby Back?

Los AngelesSince the DaBaby controversy in 2021 regarding his homophobic remarks at Rolling Loud and his affiliation with Tory Lanez throughout the Megan Thee Stallion shooting incident, the rapper’s career has taken a rapid decline from losing major endorsement deals to a loss in ticket sales.

Over the past two years, fans and audiences have questioned whether this would be the end of the DaBaby era and how it seemed to come to a sudden end so fast. However, with his new most recent three-piece song titled “Call Da Fireman,” some are speculating that he might just have another hit on his hands. After images of Kevin Hart dancing to DaBaby’s new single went viral across TikTok, the traction of attention for the rapper has started to slightly increase again. But, will this effect last?

According to revolt.com, “The EP serves as the follow-up to DaBaby’s Baby On Baby 2 album and with it being his first official release of the year, fans are in for a good treat. In an interview with Billboard last year, the 31-year-old spoke on how he had no choice but to adjust after the controversy he has been tied to. ‘As a human, I got the urge to defend myself every single time,’ he stated. ‘When it leans towards personal s**t, when it’s bulls**t and s**t that can’t get nowhere near close to affecting the food that’s put on my daughter’s table or the people around me, business that I’m affiliated to, I don’t give two f**ks about it. But when it touches personal places, because that’s the s**t I do care about, that’s when you’re going to see me hold my tongue. They’re going to come snatch that motherf**ker out of my mouth, because I’m human. But it comes with the territory.’” DaBaby has been in the heat since his controversial incidents and has seemed to learn a valuable lesson he’s experienced in the spotlight. Now, he’s in an attempt to score the hottest single and anthem for the summer.