North West and Ye Drop Debut Music Video

Ye dropped visuals for ‘Talking/Once Again’ on social media, making it a debut for North’s rapping abilities.

02.07.24
North West and Ye Drop Debut Music Video (Getty Images)

BaltimoreDid North West’s rap career just launch? 

Kanye West released a visual for his collaboration with Ty Dolla $ign on the song ‘Talking/Once Again’ on his social media accounts Wednesday with North being the star of the video.

The darkly lit video premiered showing North, Ye’s first child, getting her hair braided in cornrows then cuts to scenes with her and Ye. He strikes a smile showing off his new titanium grill, rumored to cost ​​$850,000. The track samples a high school cheerleader from Pennsylvania for the bridge, “you don't want no problems.”

North takes over the first half of the song and drops some iconic lyrics such as, “we gonna take over the year for another year, it's your bestie Miss Miss Westie.”  The song abruptly switches to Ty Dolla $ign’s half where he also features his daughter, Jailynn Griffin. 
The visuals were directed by the D’Innocenzo Brothers and the cinematography was crafted by Matteo Cocco, and fans seemed to be digging it.

Ye’s collaborative album, Vultures with Ty Dolla $ign is set to drop Friday. However, the release date has been rescheduled and pushed back several times so fans will just have to stay tuned.

Ariyana Griffin is a graduate student at Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland. She is a California native and a graduate of Clark Atlanta University. Follow her on X: @Ariyanaaganee and Instagram: @ari.yana.g.