Your Favorite Show is Gone From Netflix

“Criminal Minds” and “Raising Dion” are among those no longer available.

07.27.22
Your Favorite Show is Gone From Netflix (Netflix © 2021)

Tallahassee, FLNetflix has been around for nearly 15 years with more than 221 million subscribers indulging in new or old television shows, movies and documentaries.

License agreements for certain shows have expired and the streaming service has recently canceled a plethora of new and highly favored shows. 

For starters, “Raising Dion” — a Netflix original about a mother hiding her son’s superpowers to protect him — was a show many fans enjoyed at its premiere in October 2019. However, it took around two and half years for its second season. There was not enough engagement in the second season for a continuation of this series.

Criminal Minds” — a well-known show about FBI profilers finding criminals that airs on CBS — has been one of Netflix’s most-watched shows with many subscribers binge-watching this series with 12 seasons. The crime drama can now be streamed on Paramount+.

Another Netflix original, “Space Force,” was about people tasked to establish a U.S. space force yet with office humor, reuniting Greg Daniels and Steve Carell from the popular show “The Office.” As the show had two seasons with favorable reviews, it did not renew for a new season due to its viewership according to the company’s Top 10 data. 

Pretty Smart” — a sitcom about a bookworm moving in with her “bubbly” sister and roommates featuring famous actress Emily Osment — premiered in October 2019. With only one season, it was announced in April that the show would no longer air as Osment would be full time on the show “Young Sheldon.” 

The Baby-Sitters Club” debuted in October of 2020, following Ann M. Martin’s famous novel series about adventures of pre-teenage girls who started a babysitting business. The season went on for two seasons but wasn't renewed for a third due to the decline of viewership. 

Other Netflix originals that have been canceled this year are “On The Verge,” “Cooking with Paris (featuring Paris Hilton),” “Gentefied,” “Another Life” and “Archive 81.”