Review: New ‘Umbrella Academy’ Season Best So Far

06.30.22
Review: New ‘Umbrella Academy’ Season Best So Far (Jon Kopaloff/WireImage via Getty Images)

Tallahassee, FLBack by popular demand, the favored Netflix series “The Umbrella Academy” has returned with potentially its best season.

The show is about superheroes in a strange, distinctive world putting their differences aside to join together and stop an forthcoming apocalypse. Season Three follows the same formula and answers much-needed questions that left viewers curious in the previous season. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hs6alRuY1UU&feature=emb_logo

In this new timeline, Sir Reginald Hargreeves did not approach The Umbrellas mothers about adopting them when they were babies. They soon realized it was a different group of children at the academy that identified itself as “Sparrow Academy.” 

This new twist introduced the idea that all the Umbrella Academy’s time-traveling escapades would no longer exist as everything could potentially end for the group. 

Their newfound rivals create mayhem for the rest of the season as the group struggles to adapt to the new world while the Sparrow Academy gets ready for something catastrophic.

Throughout the season, the audience witnesses new storylines developed as members of the Umbrella Academy discover brand new love interests, history about their powers and confronting different threats to their own characterization.

However, the build of multiple storylines and new plots throughout the series may be an overload at times and tricky to keep up with if you aren’t watching actively.

This season is a great addition to one of Netflix’s most popular shows introducing fresh storylines that will help develop the next season.