Playlist: Get Into #HispanicHeritageMonth With These Hitmakers

09.24.21
Playlist: Get Into #HispanicHeritageMonth With These Hitmakers (Photo: Daddy Yankee via Rodrigo Varela/Getty Images for Univision)

#HispanicHeritageMonth kicked off on Sept. 15 and until Oct. 15, the spotlight is on . Some of the biggest artists today come from Latin America. Their music knows no borders and is well-loved worldwide. Their decades of work influences what we’re hearing today. 

Baila Asi - Play-N-Skillz, Becky G, Thalia & Chiquis

This track brings together an onslaught of Latino hitmakers all at once between Mexican-Americans Becky G and Chiquis Rivera, Mexican pop legend Thalia, and Venezuelan-Argentinian producer combo Play-N-Skillz. 

Perfectly timed for this month, the song shines with its cumbia beat, a genre that originated in Colombia but has found a home in Mexican artists, that highlights the cross-cultural impact of music in Latin America. 

Metele Al Perreo - Daddy Yankee 

At this year’s Billboard Latin Music Awards on September 23rd, Daddy Yankee will be inducted into the Hall of Fame for his contributions to music for the past 2 decades. 

He's known for being among the first reggaeton artists to gain worldwide fame with his 2004 classic "Gasolina" that kickstarted the global craze for reggaeton that we’re still feeling today -- And he’s still releasing. He'll perform his new single, “Metele Al Perreo” at the ceremony. 

Perra - J Balvin & Tokischa 

On new album Jose, J Balvin introduces fans to another side of himself, blending the classic reggaeton global hits he’s built a monster career from with some more intuitive tracks that speak on his life and past. Not straying from the formula that’s made him a superstar, he still managed to bring in new influences through collaboration. 

This evolution comes through the dembow sounds of Dominican-born Tokischa who is having a moment right now with two major features out - the other: Linda with Rosalia. She's representing her island on the global stage and her discography gives you plenty to catch up on, blending her roots with scandalous lyricism and sheer confidence we love to see these days. 

Music is global and these artists are blasting their cultural sounds and repping their homelands and getting hit after hit. Get into the spirit this month and stream some of our fav Hispanic tracks from this year on Spotify.