Rod Wave Returns With His ‘Beautiful Mind’

The Florida singer-rapper is on track to top the charts.

08.19.22
Rod Wave Returns With His ‘Beautiful Mind’ (Paras Griffin via Getty Image)

Get ready to be in your feelings this summer with Rod Wave's latest album, "Beautiful Mind."

After months of teasers and four singles, the Florida singer returns nearly a year later with the follow-up to his stellar 2021 album "SoulFly (Deluxe)."

He released his first single, "By Your Side," last November, a sing-rap ballad where he details his "disappearance" while on tour. Rod Wave sings on the hook, "Hey there everybody, don't you worry about the distance I'm right here if you get lonely."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVE-nY81mSE

The 22-year-old singer followed up with, "Cold December," in Jan. 2022. In the first minute of the video, a light piano begins to trickle in as he chops firewood before heading into a wooden cabin. Around the two minute mark, rap-like percussion surprises listeners before he sings his heart out.

After a long stretch of not releasing any music, Rod Wave released several singles weeks before the project's release and posted a remix of Future's recent hit record — "WAIT FOR U," on Instagram. 

He blessed fans with his third single, "Stone Rolling," and quickly followed up by showing fans his album art and releasing his final single, "Alone," just days before "Beautiful Mind."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Ft8tuWRMQ

Rod Wave also teased the tracklist enlisting two features from Jack Harlow and December Joy, and adding a guest skit by social media comedian Druski. 

"Beautiful Mind" contains 24 tracks and sits at just over an hour in running time, which is shy of 2018's mega album trend where superstars like Drake and Migos dropped albums over 100 minutes. 

Rod Wave is well known for his powerful voice and unique take on rapnb. The Florida native recently made headlines for revealing he turned down an opportunity to be on Drake's "Scary Hours EP."

"Beautiful Mind" is out now via Alamo Records and Sony Entertainment.