Simone Biles Creates Activewear Collection for Girls

04.20.22
Simone Biles Creates Activewear Collection for Girls (Getty Images)

Arizona; PhoenixAdd fashion creator to Simone Biles’ list of accomplishments. She created a limited-edition collection of activewear with Athleta Girl for girls ages 6 to 12 that features hidden messages to boost wearers' self-confidence.

The seven-time Olympic gold medalist refers to the messages as "little love notes," and said they are affirmations she tells herself every day, such as "You can do it," "The floor is yours," and "No dream is too small or too big."

"I think the messages should be a daily reminder so that if anyone ever feel down or like they can't do something, they can just look in whatever piece of clothing they're wearing and find that love note," the 25-year-old told PEOPLE.

The collection includes a variety of different, stylish pieces, ranging from tops and bottoms to outerwear and accessories, all in fun spring and summer colors.

Biles says she likes "all" of the pieces and doesn't have a favorite, adding, "I think all of them are very cohesive, so you can wear them all together."

The collection has been in the works for over a year and she is overjoyed to see it come to fruition.

Athleta and Biles share a desire to "inspire the younger generation and the girls," she said about the collection which is available online.