Spike Lee to Co-Creates Fellowship for Atlanta HBCU Film Students

Recipients of the fellowship will walk away with not only debt relief, but also get industry mentorship, post-graduate internships, and full-time employment at The Gersh Agency.

01.20.23
Spike Lee to Co-Creates Fellowship for Atlanta HBCU Film Students (Eamonn M. McCormack via Getty Images for The Red Sea International Film Festival)

AtlantaMorehouse College alumnus and Academy Award winner Spike Lee has partnered with The Gersh Agency to create the Spike Fellows Program centered towards Atlanta University Center Consortium (AUC) film students. 

The AUC consists of three Historically Black Colleges - Spelman College, Morehouse College, and Clark Atlanta University where he took his film classes. 

“It is with great honor, privilege, and excitement to announce the Spike Fellows in association with my partners The Gersh Agency and the AUCC,” said Lee. “From the jump, from the get-go, I knew when (not if) I opened a crack in the door, I was bringing as many Black and Brown folks with me in front and behind the camera.” 

The Spike Fellows Program will provide access and exposure to opportunities in entertainment. The first class will select graduating seniors from AUCC. The scholars will be selected by stakeholders in the AUCC and also members of the Gersh Agency’s management. 

Recipients of the fellowship will walk away with not only debt relief, but also get industry mentorship, post-graduate internships, and full-time employment at the agency.