Content in partnership with True Star

Summer Fashion Trends Prediction 2024

04.29.24
Summer Fashion Trends Prediction 2024 (Getty Images)

Spring is nice, but for most it just makes us fiend for the warm days of summer. After all, it’s the ideal time to not only enjoy the beautiful weather but to also freely express your fashion sense. 

Flowy Maxi Skirts: Looking to enter your earthy era? Grab a maxi skirt from your nearest thrift store in any color, it doesn’t matter. 

Timbs & Blue Jeans: This infamous combo dates back to years ago in the late 90s and early 2000s in Black and brown communities. Said combo is experiencing a resurgence thanks to rappers like Lil Yachty and influencers within his group – Concrete Boyz, such as Giovanna Ramos

Crochet Everything: From swimsuits to tube tops, crochet is becoming increasingly popular, as it’s so easy to start yourself. 

Linen: So airy and light, linen should be in everyone’s closet this summer. 

Chunky Belts and Accessories: Chunky western belt buckles and body jewelry are being thrown over a pair of jeans, and even dresses! Incorporating chunky statement accessories into a basic outfit makes it more unique.

Braids with Beads: A staple in the Black community, braids and beads are a personal favorite of mine – especially Fulani braids. As soon as it gets hot out, I’m already searching for my next protective style. 

Read more …

This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.