Content in partnership with True Star

Summer Is Officially Here!

Partaking in outdoor activities is a reflection of Chicago’s love for summer and the community the season fosters.

06.21.24
Summer Is Officially Here! (Getty Images)

Thursday marked the official start of the summer, also known as Summer Solstice. The word solstice is a Latin word, “sol” meaning sun, and “stitium” meaning still. It’s the longest day and shortest night of the year because it has the longest period of sunlight hours in the northern hemisphere. 

During the Summer Solstice, people celebrate through many different festivals, rituals, and spiritual traditions, as the solstice is seen as a time of spiritual awakenings and peak solar energy. 

Here are some of the most common ways people in Chicago celebrate the beginning of one of the best times in the city – Summertime Chi:

• Beach Days
  • Farmer’s Markets and Gardens
  • Thrifting and Vintage Shopping
  • Biking and Hiking

From this day forward, make the most of the heat, and welcome summer, because she’s here to stay until September!

Read more …

This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.