Content in partnership with True Star

Summertime Day Trips

Taking the train to explore the different cities throughout the Midwest can be a fun way to spend the summer with your friends or family.

06.03.24
Summertime Day Trips (Milwaukee's Boerner Botanical Gardens | YR Staff)

Find yourself wanting to travel this summer, but don’t necessarily have the means for it? Well, the next best thing, at this age, is to take day trips! Taking the train to explore the different cities throughout Illinois can be a fun way to spend the summer with your friends or family. 

Here are some of the most fun, yet convenient locations to travel to:

Wisconsin: Wisconsin may be your friends or family’s best bet for a fun quick trip away from the city and is just three hours driving distance. I recommend checking out Wisconsin’s many state and national forests and parks.

Indiana Dunes: Looking for the perfect beach for a picnic or wanting to try out hiking? Indiana Dunes National Park is the place for you! Only a 45-minute drive from Chicago, the Dunes is the perfect day trip, offering a plethora of activities for you and your friends.

Starved Rock State Park: In Oglesby, IL, is where you will find the gorgeous Starved Rock State Park. From hiking the trails to watching wildlife, this park is a must-visit.

Anderson Japanese Gardens: Located in Rockford, IL, just under two hours outside of Chicago, is the Anderson Japanese Gardens. You have the choice between guiding yourself or a guided tour through this botanical garden. Basking in Japanese architecture or feeding the fishes, this garden is the epitome of beauty.

Read more …

This guest post is in partnership with True Star Media.