Still Talking About the SB Halftime Show, Huh?

Was it the best one? No, but it’s in the top four.

02.20.22
Still Talking About the SB Halftime Show, Huh? (Ronald Martinez via Getty Images)

Atlanta, GAA week later and social media is still buzzing about the Super Bowl Halftime Show featuring Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Mary J. Blige, 50  Cent and surprisingly Anderson .Paak on drums.

Many celebrities and TikTok creators dubbed the performance “The Greatest Halftime Show,” and Gen X raved about the show before it started. It was their time to shine as hip hop and rap took the nation’s center stage. 

Was it the most iconic in Super Bowl history? No, but it’s in the top four.

Super Bowl 27 (1993) - Michael Jackson

What makes this show so iconic is that Michael Jackson stands on the stage for 2-5 minutes and does nothing and the crowd goes wild. Other iconic moments include his use of his platform to convey a message of world peace with his song "Heal The World." Overall this performance is one people are still talking about to this day. This performance is one that made a lasting impact. 

Super Bowl 47 (2013) - Beyonce

The crowd did not know that they would be getting a Destiny's Child reunion

featuring fellow members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Along with the stage visuals and amazing background dancers, Beyonce's was one for the ages. 

Super Bowl 50 (2016) - Coldplay

Their performance featured The Youth Orchestra LA. Halfway through the performance, Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars hit the stage, then Beyonce performed her song that dropped hours before the game, "Formation." With her all-female dancers dressed in outfits inspired by The Black Panther Party and Beyonce paying homage to the King of Pop in her outfit, this made for a very iconic performance.