Check Out Tank and the Bangas’ ‘Red Balloon’

Best New Artist Grammy nominee Tank & The Bangas return with new album.

05.16.22
Check Out Tank and the Bangas’ ‘Red Balloon’ (Anthony Pidgeon/Redferns via Getty Images)

Tank and the Bangas released their third studio album, "Red Balloon," Friday

As a teaser, the Grammy-nominated R&B group released “Oak Tree” in April. The song starts with calm, drowning vocal harmonies over a compelling boom-bap beat. The aggression in the vocals and lyrical content during this verse interrogates their internal struggle with everything from global warming to the ethics of eating meat.

The band released three other singles off the album including, “Why Try," “Stolen Fruit,” and “No ID,” which all have a very nostalgic R&B feel to them. The songs are very smooth and easy to listen to, and fans of laid-back silky R&B are sure to love what Tank and The Bangas have to offer on "Red Balloon." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SJfQnRHB0A

There’s some substance to the album beyond the great basslines and clean drumming. The positive political/social messages woven in are fundamental to the project and set the tone the second you press play.  

Tank and the Bangas album “Red Balloon” is available via A Verve Forecast and UMG Recordings. Stream the album below.